Happy New Year from the Kirk Pharmacy Team! Here are some New Year’s wellness tips/reminders to consider:
- Add more fruits and vegetables at each meal – Consuming a variety of coloured fruits and vegetables have shown to promote longevity, disease prevention and overall wellness.
- Keep healthy snacks near you at all times – easier to grab what is nearby than seeking what you are craving.
- Add one new healthy food each week – This will make it easier to implement healthy foods in your diet for the long-term.
- Drink half your body weight in water – benefits including increasing energy, flushing out toxins, improving skin complexion and boosting immunity. Remember fruits like watermelon and herbal teas also add to your water intake.
- Aim for 30 minutes of exercise daily (unless otherwise advised by your physician) – Many studies show that walking daily promotes disease prevention. Having a workout partner will also help keep you accountable.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes daily – meditation is simply resting the mind. If you find it overwhelming simply listening to music or doing something you like such as watering the plants can be relaxing. Often times we focus on the body and forget to involve the mind in our self-care routines.
For more health tips, come in and talk to one of our pharmacists!